Optimization team update (11/23 ~ 11/29)

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Wed Dec 3 14:54:08 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 05:50:50PM +0900, William Kenworthy wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 19:50 +0800, John Lee wrote:
> > Dear Community,
> >
> > As Sushama (our new testing team member) indicated in
> > http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/devel/2008-November/003493.html ,
> > we won't have a release in Nov.  Currently the testing team is going
>
> Ive been using this for a couple of days now and have some more items:
>
> SMS messages are still being held up.  If the phone is suspended, it
> will wake but never indicate an SMS has been received.  They only show
> up when rebooting the phone, or mostly on restarting the xserver.  There
> are a few bugs on this like 1766, but thats not exactly the same and was
> supposed to be fixed in testing - would this fix come in as part of the
> upgrade?

This doesn't seem like #1766, and I've just received a sms in
suspend... Could you file a ticket?  Please attach the following if
possible:

* upgrade from Om2008.9 or flashed daily image ?
* output of 'opkg list_installed'
* logread
* the modified qtopia config file, if any.

> The wifi icon is still dodgy - comes on when wifi started, never stops
> when wifi is stopped.

That's #1742 and it's still open.  Testing repo will switch to new
kernel, and wifi driver will be in once it's ready.

> The GSM icon stays at one bar (or is it a "!"), never moves, even
> before/after registration.

Can't reproduce... I need to read your attachments.

- John