First impressions on new Android rootfs

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at
Wed Dec 3 16:51:18 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Gothnet <openmoko at>wrote:

> //just kidding, though am interested because android currently looks like
> the best possibility of turning my neo from an interesting looking brick to
> an actual phone

I agree Android looks like it has a lot of promise - but if you want a
functioning phone today - I'd suggest trying out QtExtended 4.4.2 - it
doesn't give you much more than basic phone functionality, but I've been
using it as my day-to-day phone for a month now, and am generally pretty
happy with it...