Funding Global Domination

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Wed Dec 3 18:38:05 CET 2008

Le mercredi 03 décembre 2008, arne anka a écrit :
> >> The second option is more like it. It takes a few hours to design a
> >> T-Shirt
> >> and upload it to an online store where everybody else can go and buy
> >> it. So
> >> just do it: the entry costs are so low that there is no real need for a
> >> formal market study !
> >
> > There may be trademark issues, better clear that with OpenMoko first!
>
> not only that.
> didn't the op intend to propose a way for _openmoko_ to earn more money?
> while anybody might donate artwork, the actual distribution has to be done
> on behalf of openmoko -- or more reasonably by openmoko itself.

Rui: There are lots of cool artwork under a Cc: license on the wiki including
the hardware schematics and :
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Desktop_wallpaper_gallery
Copyright are not an issue, please. No company will give you a blanket
agreement to use their name as you please in any derivative product, but no
company will deny fans the right to make T-Shirts with their name on it, if
you show them specific T-Shirts design.

Arne: OpenMoko made it clear that they were not into selling derived products
(I can't bother to find the post, that was a few months ago.).

Cordially,
Minh
--
Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le