First impressions on new Android rootfs

Matthias Camenzind m.camenzind at
Wed Dec 3 21:38:29 CET 2008

I tried this with 512MB SD (it works):
        Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/mmcblk0p1               1        7814      250040   6 FAT16
/dev/mmcblk0p2            7815       15568      248128  83 Linux

Make sure you do in fdisk "f,2,6" as described in (Preparing and formating).
I think "f,2,6" or the size of FAT16 partition solves the problem. Both partitions are empty (not sure if necessary).