First impressions on new Android rootfs

Gothnet openmoko at
Thu Dec 4 01:10:44 CET 2008

Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> which uImage should we take? uImage-android or uImage-tracking?

OK, for the hard of thinking (amongst whom I count myself) I got the
tracking kernel booting by following the "what if I borked my bootloader"
instructions from here -

But editing the bootcmd entry to read a larger kernel "nand read.e
0x32000000 kernel 0x300000;" then flashing the kernel and rootfs image as
usual. Unfortunately the time I took to do this seems to have run down the
freerunner's battery, and now android boots and immdeiately says "shutting
down" because of low power. It doesn't do it though.

I also can't seem to find my universal charger any more, dammit, so I'm not
quite sure what to do. Does the battery charge whilst in u-boot menu?