First impressions on new Android rootfs

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Thu Dec 4 12:34:11 CET 2008

Hire wrote:

> Someone can explain me how I can edit the uboot env? Because I did it:
>
> bootcmd=
>   setenv bootargs ${bootargs_base} ${mtdparts};
>   nand read.e 0x32000000 kernel 0x300000;
>   bootm 0x32000000
>
> But it doesn't boot. It does the same issue: can't find an image kernel.
>
> I have edited only the environment.in and not env.in

Oh - that's what I did, in NAND uboot, download the env using dfu-util, grab
the "devirginator" toolset and environment.in, change that single character
in environment.in from a 2 to a 3 in the bootcmd section, run the
environment generator and then upload the new env.out file.

Then I re-uploaded the kernel and rootfs using dfu-util and it worked
fine..... That's all the help I can be.

I've also discovered a new feature in the image since my last post. Plugging
it into my windows box to charge makes the box bluescreen. Not only when
booted, but if it's plugged in then the OS bluescreens differently during
startup. Yay!