[android] Maps application

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:04:49 CET 2008

Hi,
Is the Android Maps application available somewhere ?

I installed the Maps.apk I got from the Emulator.
It also needs /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar   (I also
pulled it from Emulator)

- are there legal issues to distribute them ?

- I still have no internet connectivity so could not try much, but it
seems to work, I can navigate and zoom.... in empty map screen.

- I finally got a GPS fix ! (but I really miss a simple GPS
application to see basic GPS data.)
But Maps crashes as soon as GPS has got a fix. ( ClassCastException
when trying to locate on map). I lost my log file so I need to do
another test (and get a fix) to get the exact class....
Any idea ? :