microsSD doesn't mount any more!

Tony Berth tonyberth at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 5 13:46:26 CET 2008

Dear Group,

I know that this topic isn't new to that list but after spending a lot of
time searching the archives, I decided to re-initiate it cause didn't find a
solution and got rather confused :(

I recently installed a new Transcend microSD 8GB card and FR did recognize
it without any problem! I then tried debian on FR, and the card was
partitioned accordingly! After that, needed the card for soemthing else, did
re-partition it on a debian box (fdisk, mkfs) and when I re-inserted in FR
it doesn't get recognised any more!

When in BootLoader, shows that there is a card of 3MB!!!! and when I boot
with the latest 2008.9 jffs I get following dmesg output:

[   30.365000] Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0, logical block 8
[   34.830000] FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535
[   34.830000] VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev mmcblk0.
[   34.840000] FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535
[   34.840000] VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev mmcblk0.

I know that other people had similar or exactly the same problem but
couldn't figure out if they found a solution to that.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Tony