First impressions on new Android rootfs

Ulle openmoko at
Fri Dec 5 17:56:05 CET 2008

Gothnet wrote:
> Please forgive me for replying to so many of my own emails...

... that helps more than is annoing ;)

Gothnet wrote:
> Apparently the answer is "setprop net.usb0.dns1 $IP_ADDRESS"

"setprop net.dns1 $IP_ADDRESS" (just without the network device)

for me then dns worked reliably.

I did setup an bluetooth connection with bnep to my linux pc. Actually the
same way as from every other gta02 distro
( . Except I had to
do an "hciconfig hci0 up" on android.

To keep the browser from crashing I had not only to remove
rm /data/data/
but as well
rm /data/data/*
rm /data/data/

All this done in adb shell, which I got with:
- download the file adb from an make
it executable
- cd into the dir where you have adb downloaded
- connect freerunner with usb cable and start android on it

- as root:
ifconfig usb0 up
- kill process "adb fork-server server" if running (find it with: ps aux |
grep adb)
- then do as root
ADBHOST= ./adb shell

You should then have a console on your freerunner running android:

* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *

My current freerunner android setup:
(01-Dec-2008 02:23   26K) [s3c2442 is for GTA02]
Kernel: (04-Dec-2008
05:28  2.4M)
Rootfs: (05-Dec-2008
04:18   32M)

Thanks for all your contributions, Sean first, of course!