[android] Building Android from the Koolu Source

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Fri Dec 5 19:53:15 CET 2008

Jim Ancona wrote:
> I've been able to successfully build an Android rootfs from the Koolu
> repository. When flashed to my phone with the kernel that Sean provided,
> it runs with just about the same set of issues as the images that Sean
> has put up.
>
> I've documented how I did it on the wiki at:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android#Building_the_Koolu_Android_Source

Have you been able to get the emulator working with the build sysimage?
In my experience, the emulator came up but the "phone" stays always with
a black screen while my CPU us over-used. I've waited some minutes but
nothing happens...

Is this maybe due to the fact that the android-freerunner distro tries
to set some values valid only for GTA0x hardware (i.e. /sys nodes)?

How would you suggest to develop using the koolu tree without testing in
real hardware?

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/