Crackly Calls and Battery Tips!

Dave Smith lists at td-online.co.uk
Sun Dec 7 19:49:45 CET 2008

Hello folks,

Just a few questions really to kick start me being on this list. :-)

I received my FreeRunner about a week or so ago and have just about got
around to playing with it a bit more and actually using it. It's running
FDOM based on recommendations, and picked up my Orange SIM and contacts
without difficulty.

A few issues I have had though:

1) Recipients of phone calls consistently seem to report a buzz /
crackling during calls made from the FreeRunner. Apparently the buzz is
particularly prevelant when I stop speaking, whilst I'm speaking the
line seems to be clear enough - anyone suffered a similar issue and know
/ suspect it's cause?

2) Battery Life. I was warned by people before getting the phone that
battery life wasn't great as of yet, and as I understand from what I
have it is a fairly high priority. However, what do you folks do to
maximise life out of your battery?
The reason I ask is that with everything (bar GSM) turned off, and the
phone mostly locked / on standby (30 second timeout for standby and
blank screen are set up at the moment) I am struggling to get even 12
hours life out of it.
To give an example from today, where I didn't get chance to glance at
the phone whilst at work, it went from being fully charged at 08:00 (I
took it off charge from the Desktop at that point) to being powered down
and without the juice to startup at 16:30.
So, what do you all do to get the most out of it, and what sort of life
do you get?

Whilst I can live with the battery as a work in progress, the
crackliness would be interesting to find out if it's just my unit
suffering, as it does make using it as my primary phone a little difficult!

Thanks in advance,

Dave