Optimization team update (11/30 ~ 12/06)

Christoph Siegenthaler csi at gmx.ch
Sun Dec 7 20:24:40 CET 2008

Dear Community

I've been testing todays openmoko-testing-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2 together
with testing-om-gta02-20081207.uImage.bin after following the ML without
actually flashing my freerunner a lot (for a few weeks).

Positive:
- Boot time improved
- Suspending worked fairly well
- At least one sms received (the second, sent from the FR to my own number
didn't work)
- probably a lot more improvements

What was disappointing:
- Echo on calls still there
- Buzzing still there
- It took quite a long time before I've been able to pick up the phone when
it was suspended (but I could live with that)

After I switched to the illume-theme, Enlightenment SIGABRT'd all the time.

Slowly but steadily my enthusiasm for the FR is vanishing. I was at least
hoping to be able to use my freerunner as a basic phone after 5 months...

Best regards, Chris

PS: Sorry that I didn't provide any logs. This was primarily to release
steam... Yes, I do feel better now.