Crackly Calls and Battery Tips!

Leonti Bielski prishelec at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 20:26:07 CET 2008

Hello and welcome to OM community :)

1.) This is so-called buzzing issue. It's hardware related and in a
week or so a paper explaining how to do a fix will be available.
You can read about it from those links:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Hardware_Issues
http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td675090|a675090

2.) From what you've written it seems like you don't suspend your
phone. What image do you use? Anyways, you have to enable autosuspend
- so phone will go to sleep while not being used and wake up only on
certain events - call/message/cable connected/headset connected.
Without suspend phone can work only for about 8 hours or a little
more. With suspend my phone can be waiting for calls for a couple of
days without any problems. Battery life is for a long time not a
problem anymore.
Tips: try to manually suspend your phone using power button
(asu/fso/shr/debian).
On QtExtended if I recall correctly autosuspend is disabled by default
so you have to enable it to get the most of your battery life :)

Leonti