[u-boot] Environment garbled after setenv?

Evgeniy Karyakin anthropophagite at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 23:22:27 CET 2008

Joachim Breitner:
>>     I modified (shorten) your script for my needs and it works without
>> an error, although I haven't really got my end station. After flashing
>> environment with your script and then reading it back I see that
>> environment reflects the changes desired. But getting to u-boot console
>> shows me old env variables (printenv), and booting microSD card from NOR
>> menu actually invokes old menu_1 setting -- I can see that after ssh-ing
>> into the phone and seeing what's in /proc/cmdline. Strange.
>>     My modified script is in attachment in case you're curious.
>
> Thanks.
>
> AFAIR, the NOR uboot and the NAND uboot don’t share the environment – is
> that right?

    Then I don't know what "u-boot_env" points to. If we update NAND
environment and then boot with the help of NOR menu, I don't see a
point. Frankly I never tried NAND, maybe I should now.

> But that the NAND env is not modified is strange. Did you try reading it
> back after a reboot?

    Exactly. First I used your script, then rebooted the phone, then
invoked "dfu-util -a u-boot_env -U env.test" and saw *new* environment,
still the NOR boot procedure uses old env. You may be right, these
settings are separated.