wifi using GUI in 2008.9

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Dec 8 11:02:28 CET 2008

> My accesspoint is configured in wpa_supplicant, but the gui keeps asking
> me
> for the key. Should I just not fill it in then?

dunno. never used any gui for wlan on the fr.
but i'd expect any gui to checl with wpa_supplicant.conf first -- what
your gui obviously not does.
maybe grepping either in your home directory or in /etc (since 2008.9
probably lets run you the fr as root) for the name of your ap might reveal
a file which you could monitor?
but soem of these password helpers use to store passwords after successful
login only, so you're probaly forced to type the correct phrase.
you could, though, put the phrase in a file, scp it to the fra nd try if
c&p will work.

last idea: bug the developers of the gui.