Optimization team update (11/30 ~ 12/06)

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Mon Dec 8 12:57:39 CET 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 7:01:48 pm Christoph Siegenthaler wrote:

> The echo isn't so bad either, but still there.

Yeah, it only tries to set the echo suppression for outgoing calls.  I tried
to patch it to set it for incoming calls as well but without any success.

I also find that mine goes into speakerphone occasionally for incoming calls
which is, umm, inconvenient, shall we say.. :-)

> Addressbook and Calender work too.

Yup!

> Some other first impressions:
> - Timezone isn't set after one changes it in the initial setup

The Qtopia folks image is a bit broken sadly, I'm using the one that Morten
put together here:

 http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td1437402i40

I do wish they'd post a fixed one!

> - Alarm doesn't ring when phone is suspended

Yeah, I can confirm that.

> - Does someone know a way to turn of "word prediction" in the
> handwriting input style?

This should do it (not tried it myself yet):

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qtopia_/_Qt_Extended_on_FreeRunner#Internationalization

cheers!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP