[OM kernel newbie] Error building kernel

Rui Castro rui.castro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:02:43 CET 2008

Hi,

I think I found out my problems.
First it was a "bashism" like Asheesh pointed out. Thanks Asheesh.

After this I started to see another error with parenthesis
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `echo 2.6.24-(no_fb42ce6724576fc1-mokodev >
include/config/kernel.release'

which was related with Andy said about not having a branch. the "(no"
was from the output of git branch
* (no branch)
master

I did "git checkout -b origin/my-andy-tracking --track origin/andy-tracking".
So, I created a local branch "origin/my-andy-tracking" and after that
./build compiled ok.

I don't know if there's a way to do this without creating a local branch.

Thanks Asheesh and Andy,
Rui