[QtExtended] Duplicate SMS's (was Re: Newbie: Converting a brick to a phone)

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Dec 9 11:23:11 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Chris Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 7:26:22 pm Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
>
> > whatever the reason, it has been known since a couple of hours after the
> > release, but more than a month later: no fix yet. It makes sms's rather
> > useless: after 1 day of usage, I had 30 double sms's ...
>
> I only get the issue if I have undeleted SMS's left on the phone.
>
> Given I'm not a big phone user that's not hard to handle but I can imagine
> if
> you're doing lots of texting then you'd be in strife. :-(

Well, I don't text that much, but every sms gets doubled every time, so 2
becomes 4, 4 becomes 8, etc ... and deleting the sms every time AND cleaning
the trash is a bit too much hassle imho.

For me, shr is the distro to go. The next image will have basic pim, phone
log, etc ... and the alarm works ok (wakes up the phone from suspend). The
upside for qtextended is a reasonable finger-friendly interface and it is
snappy as well. But the snappy-ness becomes less of an advantage, because I
feel the latest shr images respond quickly as well.

Franky