geocaching with tangoGPS on FR

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Tue Dec 9 16:51:20 CET 2008

+1 :)

> Specially runing on the TangoGPS which is nicest GPS app I
> found runing on linux I would like to know when the tangoGPS
> application will support rounting and use it as my car drive GPS &-(
I know it's a bit offtopic since it includes the word 'TangoGPS', but for
that you might want to try
http://download.navit-project.org/navit/openmoko/svn/navit-current_armv4.opk

Some hints :
- icon is broken in OM (fine in SHR), you need to copy
/usr/icon/icons/hicolor/128x128/navit.png to /usr/icon/pixmaps/navit.png
- edit /usr/share/navit/navit.xml, uncomment the line gui="internal",
comment the line "gui=gtk". I also advise you to uncomment the lines which
enable zoomin and zoomout button on the osd, a few lines below.

Those 2 pitfalls should be fixed really soon.