Funding Global Domination Mk II "The Console"

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Dec 10 02:34:47 CET 2008

Sam Kuper wrote:
> 2008/12/10 <roguemoko at roguewrt.org <mailto:roguemoko at roguewrt.org>>
>
>     Potentially there could be some affiliation as I don't believe
>     there is any specific 'OpenWRT' router. Mmmmmm the OpenmokoWRT *drool*
>

> I may be veering OT here, but Buffalo sell/sold a router with DDWRT
> pre-loaded.

There are a few 'preloaded' openwrt based routers and derivitives. There
is no official router however and certainly none with persistent system
time that I know of :)

Also, I'd say that openwrt or ddwrt was chosen to aquire an existing
user base and to keep costs low while releasing a product capable of
being configured by the least technical of end consumers.

I'd be more inclined to want something that I can customise and rebrand,
rather than something already branded, or requiring me to rip out what
is already in place for something else. I'd be willing to bet the
specifications are similar to existing consumer routers that can already
run openwrt aswell.

It is possible to create your own router with a routerboard ... but
that's the space I'm suggesting to occupy, forget the software
functionality (something om is pretty good at :P ... sorry ... bit
harsh). It's more or less about choosing the best parts and hardware
layout and config than it is about preloading openwrt. Sound familiar? :)

Sarton