Optimization team update (11/30 ~ 12/06)

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Wed Dec 10 05:01:32 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 20:52:13 Gothnet wrote:
> > OM is moving more focus to gta03 now, so my current resource for qtopia
> > is fairly limited.
>
> I know it's important for OM to keep moving forward, but really, focusing
> on gta03? Already?
>
> It's been a few months since GTA02 went GA and we still don't really have a
> working system, focusing most effort on GTA03 now seems to be an
> abandonment of freerunner owners.

I think there are some misunderstandings that need to be addressed:
- Yes, our focus is shifting from Qtopia towards FSO / paroli / python. This
happens gradually.
- This has nothing todo with GTA0x - we are talking about software which will
run across all devices.
- We don't abandon the Freerunner. Furthermore it serves as our development
platform as GTA03 does not come around any time soon. Its at an early stage of
development (even internal developers don't have it).
- We want to get the software into a much better shape to avoid the "02
experience".

Sorry for the confusion,
Marek