Optimization team update (11/30 ~ 12/06)

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Wed Dec 10 12:21:49 CET 2008

John Lee wrote:

> I shouldn't say gta03, I should say the next generation software we
> are going to use.  Since people will switch to that software with
> their freerunner (gta02), it makes more sense to put more resource
> to work on that.  My writing wasn't accurate enough.  Sorry about that.
>
> - John

John (and Marek),

Thanks for explaining that, I have no particular attachment to any one
software distribution, only an interest in getting a stable, responsive
phone. To this end I'm encouraged that more effort is going into the FSO as
it seems like 2008.X is something of a sideline now.

And yes, the use of the term gta03 to refer to the newer software stack IS
confusing!