No more optimization team

Will Siddall will.siddall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 13:35:00 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Timo Juhani Lindfors
<timo.lindfors at iki.fi> wrote:

> Heh, maybe I'm just being a bit debian centric here. I saw
>
>  libecore0 - Core abstraction layer for enlightenment DR 0.17
>
> in debian experimental and thought that it can't be too established or
> un-new.

I would usually tend to agree with this statement, but if you did a
little more research into Enlightenment, the development for 0.17 has
been for at least the last 4 years and the team (mostly led by Carsten
"Rasterman" Haitzler) has started a great initiative to completely
build version 0.17 from the ground up and make it the most stable
desktop available before even releasing it.  Saying this might make
people think that development is taking a long time, which is not the
case... it has been prompt and steady.  They are taking care that
everything is designed properly and no major issues are left before
releasing it.

It has been a few years since I started using it and even though they
haven't officially released 0.17, the betas are ever more stable than
most desktops I have used, including the EFL framework which is by far
the most dynamic, flexible and quickest (and most graphically
pleasing) framework for the linux desktop.  Openmoko made a great
decision to switch to the EFL for it's phone and am greatly
anticipating the new changes that will come up in the next few months.

Keep up the great work everyone...
Will