openmoko as a ipv6 router - was Funding Global Domination Mk II "The Console"

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Wed Dec 10 14:26:51 CET 2008

Am 10.12.2008 um 13:59 schrieb Andreas Fischer:

> Marc Manthey wrote:

>>> root at om-gta02:~# opkg list_installed | grep avahi
>>> libavahi-client3 - 0.6.22-r8.01 -
>>> libavahi-common3 - 0.6.22-r8.01 -
>>> libavahi-core5 - 0.6.22-r8.01 -
>>> libavahi-glib1 - 0.6.22-r8.01 -
>>> root at om-gta02:~#
>>>
>>> This is on testing, but I remember seeing these packages on
>>> 2008.9, too.
>>
>> thanks Andreas
>>
>> can you try this , and tell me the result ?
>>
>> # dns-sd -B _ftp._tcp dns-sd.org
>
> Sure, if you tell me which of the following packages I should
> install to
> get the dns-sd command:
>
> root at om-gta02:~# opkg list | cut -d" " -f1 | grep avahi
> avahi
> avahi-autoipd
> avahi-daemon
> avahi-dbg
> avahi-dev
> avahi-discover
> avahi-discover-standalone
> avahi-dnsconfd
> avahi-doc
> avahi-locale-de
> avahi-utils
> libavahi-client3
> libavahi-common3
> libavahi-core5
> libavahi-glib1
> libavahi-gobject0
> libavahi-ui
> pulseaudio-lib-avahi-wrap
> root at om-gta02:~#

wow , this is kind of rediculous for such a fuctionalliry isn´t it ?

Are  there any read me files where i can look for infos what the
library does ?

<http://src.gnu-darwin.org/DarwinSourceArchive/expanded/mDNSResponder/mDNSResponder-87/mDNSShared/dnssd_clientshim.c

Guess  "avahi-discover-standalone" might be enough for browsing  IMHO ?

thanks

marc

--
Les Enfants Terribles - WWW.LET.DE
Marc Manthey 50672 Köln - Germany
mail: marc at let.de
PGP/GnuPG: 0x1ac02f3296b12b4d
jabber :marc at kgraff.net
IRC: #opencu  freenode.net
twitter: http://twitter.com/macbroadcast
web: http://www.let.de

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.