openmoko as a ipv6 router - was Funding Global Domination Mk II "The Console"

Andreas Fischer cyberfrag at gmx.net
Wed Dec 10 14:52:00 CET 2008

Marc Manthey wrote:

> Guess  "avahi-discover-standalone" might be enough for browsing  IMHO ?

I suppose the dns-sd command you gave me should return info on all FTP
services within the dns-sd.org domain. I dabbled with avahi some time
ago and if I remember correctly the command you are searching for is
avahi-browse (which is included in the avahi-utils package). You'll
easily find a manpage for it on the net. avahi-discover does the same
thing, but with a GUI. I'm not sure about the functionality of the
libraries, but I suppose you could also use either them or the avahi
DBUS interface to achieve whatever you want (probably more efficient
than doing everything on the commandline).

Regards,
Andreas