openmoko as a ipv6 router - was Funding Global Domination Mk II "The Console"

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Wed Dec 10 15:03:38 CET 2008

Am 10.12.2008 um 14:52 schrieb Andreas Fischer:

> Marc Manthey wrote:
>
>> Guess  "avahi-discover-standalone" might be enough for browsing
>> IMHO ?
>
> I suppose the dns-sd command you gave me should return info on all FTP
> services within the dns-sd.org domain. I dabbled with avahi some time
> ago and if I remember correctly the command you are searching for is
> avahi-browse (which is included in the avahi-utils package). You'll
> easily find a manpage for it on the net. avahi-discover does the same
> thing, but with a GUI. I'm not sure about the functionality of the
> libraries, but I suppose you could also use either them or the avahi
> DBUS interface to achieve whatever you want (probably more efficient
> than doing everything on the commandline).

ok, lemme get more into details

i want to use " bonjour " or "avahi" for my project BUT

Avahi does not implement this functionallity yet,

------------------
On Linux (at least on Debian), you need the mDNSResponder package
provided by
Apple on the Bonjour downloads page.  Unfortunately,  Avahi_doesn't_yet
implement_all_of_the_API_functions_you will need !!!
--

SO i have two choices, use apple OR implement it into

avahi, but there is no interest from the avahi developer site

so i am not sure what todo right now.

Marc

--
Les Enfants Terribles - WWW.LET.DE
Marc Manthey 50672 Köln - Germany
mail: marc at let.de
PGP/GnuPG: 0x1ac02f3296b12b4d
jabber :marc at kgraff.net
IRC: #opencu  freenode.net
twitter: http://twitter.com/macbroadcast
web: http://www.let.de

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.