[Android] Converting a brick into a phone

Jurg van Vliet jurg at truthtrap.com
Wed Dec 10 16:17:26 CET 2008

people,

i tend to agree with Rui as well. i understand it is difficult to
'kill your darlings' but what is the (business) sense to have '8
distributions for 10.000 phones'? (the only reason i can think of is
some innovative user interface, and not one of the current
distributions has anything interesting to offer, including android.)

but, i am a happy openmoko customer proudly showing off, my phone is
not bricking away. and even though i still have to put it 'to sleep'
on my router to avoid a WSOD it is my daily phone. i am a happy qt
extended user stalking sean for a working android image. sometimes i
have my hopes up and flash to something else (yesterday it was SHR)
but i usually 'flash back' to qt extended within half an hour.

so, imho, you can do whatever you want. but if you pull your resources
and help sean get android-on-freerunner 'to market' quickly you will
sell some more bricks. (because the brick is really really great!)

groet,
jurg.