[Android] Converting a brick into a phone

DJDAS djdas at djdas.net
Wed Dec 10 16:43:31 CET 2008

Andreas Fischer ha scritto:
> I totally disagree. First, I do not think that phones age that quick. I
> used an age-old Nokia phone (I think it was a 3510 - ca. 2002) until I
> got my Freerunner this summer. Unless something unforeseen happens, next
> summer the two Neos will _still_ be the only fully opensource
> smartphones out there. Outdated or not - there is no competition.
>
> Second, my understanding was that GTA03 is not yet created but only
> planned at this stage. Hearing that not even the OM engineers have it
> yet, I'd not expect gta03 before the next stable release.
>
> Third, the statement that "nobody really used it, yet" is wrong unless I
> am nobody. I am using it on a daily basis and from what I am reading on
> this list, others are too.
>
> Finally, we are not talking here about a release of a first working
> software stack but about a switch to a different software stack from an
> already working (though with several shortcomings) software stack.

Totally agree with you! :)
I use my FR since September (bought in July but was a very pain until
September) as a daily phone with FDOM and I have no problems except the
following two:
1) buzzing noise (always when GSM signal strength becomes lower than
half scale);
2) can't use bluetooth headset (according to wiki I'm able to pair and
connect but I don't hear any audio....)
For all the remaining features I think it's a great device and I'm a
very proud owner :) Great job guys! Go on! ;)
Bye