Persistent Personal Names for Globally Connected Mobile Devices - was openmoko as a ipv6 router

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Wed Dec 10 19:08:25 CET 2008

>> i want to use " bonjour " or "avahi" for my project BUT
>>
>> Avahi does not implement this functionallity yet,
>>
>> ------------------
>> On Linux (at least on Debian), you need the mDNSResponder package
>> provided by
>> Apple on the Bonjour downloads page.  Unfortunately,
>> Avahi_doesn't_yet
>> implement_all_of_the_API_functions_you will need !!!
>> --
>>
>> SO i have two choices, use apple OR implement it into
>>
>> avahi, but there is no interest from the avahi developer site
>>
>> so i am not sure what todo right now.
>
> Ok, this seems to be way beyond my expertise. So - I'm sorry, I can't
> help you decide this.

and noone from nearly  2000 peoples on this list

could give me a hint  or idea what  the more feasable way ?

Persistent Personal Names for Globally Connected Mobile Devices

http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/uia:osdi06.pdf

Marc

--
Les Enfants Terribles - WWW.LET.DE
Marc Manthey 50672 Köln - Germany
mail: marc at let.de
PGP/GnuPG: 0x1ac02f3296b12b4d
jabber :marc at kgraff.net
IRC: #opencu  freenode.net
twitter: http://twitter.com/macbroadcast
web: http://www.let.de

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.