[Android] Converting a brick into a phone

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Wed Dec 10 19:09:36 CET 2008

I agree with Rui, and as a Software Engineer with about a decade of C under
my belt I should be able to help out. It's just getting motivated and
getting started that are the problems here....

The nice thing about Android is that it seems like the interface stuff is
basically there, it's sharp and responsive (compared to the last time I used
2008.X or FDOM, which was October) and it just seems like a much 'nicer'
environment.

Problems I have with getting started are I wouldn't know how to begin
debugging, I don't have a qemu environment set up and the non-POSIX nature
of the android setup is a little odd.

The low-effort option for me seems to be to wait and see what koolu come up
with...