Switching the orientation of the screen

DJDAS djdas at djdas.net
Thu Dec 11 11:45:36 CET 2008

Robin Paulson ha scritto:
> 2008/12/11 Clemens Dörrhöfer <cmd at gmx.net>:
>
>> I am starting to learn pygtk and my "helloworld" Project is this primitiv
>> gui, which lets you switch the orientatin of the screen. I don't like the
>> automatic switching and with the help of this, I can do it manually.
>> It's not pretty, but it works. If you find it usefull, feel free to use. The
>> tar archive contains a mercurial repository so don't hesitate to send me
>> changelogs if you come along big programming sins.
>>

> does it cure the problems that are present when this is done from the
> commend-line, with xrandr?
>
> i've been using a shell script, but find switching orientation more
> than about 3 times will give problems like a misaligned screen and

Sorry for being a little OT, but what do you mean with "problems that
are present when this is done from the
commend-line, with xrandr"?
If you mean the mess after the rotation (strange lines/graphic that
fixes after a refresh) I noticed this doesn't appear using the gestures
rotation, anyone knows why?
If you mean misalignment of the touchscreen calibration, I noticed
(speaking about gestures rotation) that this appears only when the
screen is rotated upside down (phone oriented vertically with "hole" on
top ;) ), while the remaining three positions are well calibrated.
Is there an explanation about this?
Thank you in advance, bye!