[Android] Converting a brick into a phone

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Thu Dec 11 12:27:39 CET 2008

| On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:49:03AM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:
|> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
|>> Am I completely daft or isn't the focus on FSO and Paroli et all
|>> precisely what you're whining about?
|>> If you have to whine, do so at serious problems like the White Screen of
|>> Death (which is now apparently solved, at least worksforme).
|> There is a kernel image somewhere that doesn't go WSOD under
|> any circumstances?  Or just some patches?
| At https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1841 is a patch a pre-compiled
| kernel for FSO M4.1
| The daily testing images already integrate this patch (AFAIK).

Both stable and andy-tracking have the no deep sleep workaround from
Nicolas Dufresne and so far no customer has told they saw a WSOD from
blanking or suspend since using it.

Something different (hopefully easier to figure out) is busted if there
is a different WSOD now on "game[s] that switch screen orientation".

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)