[android] How can I configure WLAN and Bluetooth on Android/Freerunner

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 11 22:15:38 CET 2008

> You're right that Rui's keyboard doesn't yet work with modal dialogs in
> Android, like those the Settings app uses for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
> configuration. One workaround is to install qad-keyboard.apk, available
> at http://code.google.com/p/netgents/downloads/list. With that keybaord
> you can compose your text, hit the OK button to copy it to the
> clipboard, then launch the dialog and use Android's long-press paste
> menu to paste it into the field.

I am using notepad to write the desired text. Long press on the text then
invokes menu with "Copy all" option. Text box on modal dialog has after
long press "Paste" option.

> Having said all that, wi-fi doesn't seem to work with the current
> source.
Works for me if i enter the ssid manualy. I am using the Qi to boot and
kernel+rootfs from sean's download page. My wifi is not encrypted.

Cheers
Radek