[debian] installation

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Fri Dec 12 14:35:18 CET 2008

> indeed in the first partition is a uImage.bin file, but doesn't boot! It
> claims that can't find that uImage.bin! When I do fdsk on the card, both
> partions are Linux formatted. I don't think that I have to hae the first
> one
> in FAT!

with the default boot environment the first partition on sd has to be fat,
the next ext2.
this is somehow problematic, since otoh the debian kernel package does not
support fat ...

but the install script should have a target that replaces the default boot
entry for booting from sd with a more recent allowing ext2/3 (not sure
which)