Persistent Personal Names for Globally Connected Mobile Devices - was openmoko as a ipv6 router

Arigead captain.deadly at
Fri Dec 12 15:44:22 CET 2008

Marc Manthey wrote:
>>> i want to use " bonjour " or "avahi" for my project BUT
>>> Avahi does not implement this functionallity yet,
>>> ------------------
>>> On Linux (at least on Debian), you need the mDNSResponder package
>>> provided by
>>> Apple on the Bonjour downloads page.  Unfortunately,
>>> Avahi_doesn't_yet
>>> implement_all_of_the_API_functions_you will need !!!
>>> --
>>> SO i have two choices, use apple OR implement it into
>>> avahi, but there is no interest from the avahi developer site
>>> so i am not sure what todo right now.
>> Ok, this seems to be way beyond my expertise. So - I'm sorry, I can't
>> help you decide this.
> and noone from nearly  2000 peoples on this list
> could give me a hint  or idea what  the more feasable way ?
> Persistent Personal Names for Globally Connected Mobile Devices

No idea about avahi at all and only looked into it when I read your
email here. It does look interesting though. I've no time at the moment
to look at it but I have started a project in work which uses JXTA, same
same but different. There is a C Implementation of the protocols so I
might be able to get it running on the FR. I'm as yet in the early
stages and can't for the life of me see why I would compile it in though ;-)
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -