[FSO] M4.1 issues (GPS, Suspend)

Antony King ant at truebox.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 17:54:58 CET 2008

This is the behavour I noticed; it seems that the GPS resets itself for some
reason and then ogpsd/frameworkd can't talk to it any more because it is
expecting UBX but is getting NMEA. There's a bug #265 against it but not been
a lot of activity on that recently. Search the mailing list for GPS - it came
up originally in a debian distro but with the same symptoms so it's most
likely a frameworkd problem rather than FSO specific.

On FSO M4 , on the GPS app in Zhone, you can get status info for each
satellite by pressing the unlabled buttons on screen; even without a fix you
should normally get a few with 'signal unusable' or 'downloading' or
something other than 'searching' even if you are indoors (for certain values
of indoors of course).

--

Antony King - 01908 268 901
Systems Consultant