mxDateTime on Openmoko?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Sat Dec 13 00:07:31 CET 2008

"Joseph Reeves" <iknowjoseph at gmail.com> writes:
> Has anyone had any joy installing Egenix mx base on openmoko?
> Specifically I need mxDateTime, but I'm not having any luck getting
> anything installed:

Not sure how much this helps with openmoko distro but with debian
mxdatetime seems to install just fine on the phone:

lindi at ginger$ sudo apt-get install python-egenix-mxdatetime
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libdrm2
  python-egenix-mxtools
Suggested packages:
  python-egenix-mxdatetime-dbg python-egenix-mxtools-dbg
  python-egenix-mxdatetime python-egenix-mxtools
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1178kB of archives.
After this operation, 2023kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://ftp.fi.debian.org unstable/main python-egenix-mxtools 3.1.1-1 [512kB]
Get:2 http://ftp.fi.debian.org unstable/main python-egenix-mxdatetime 3.1.1-1 [667kB]
Fetched 1178kB in 3min47s (5177B/s)
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Selecting previously deselected package python-egenix-mxtools.
(Reading database ... 36487 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking python-egenix-mxtools (from .../python-egenix-mxtools_3.1.1-1_armel.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package python-egenix-mxdatetime.
Unpacking python-egenix-mxdatetime (from .../python-egenix-mxdatetime_3.1.1-1_armel.deb) ...
Setting up python-egenix-mxtools (3.1.1-1) ...
Setting up python-egenix-mxdatetime (3.1.1-1) ...