[FSO] M4.1 issues (GPS, Suspend)

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 00:45:55 CET 2008

Hi,

Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> writes:
> | while, it gets unable to go to sleep. I can press the power button ten
> | times, it still stays on. Only way I found for now is to reboot. Not
> | pretty :/
>
> This is a kernel issue I think, it should be gone in andy-tracking based
> kernels with Balaji's new regulator based PMU driver in.

It seems to me it's not. I used "stable" for some time and seen the
same issue. Now i switched to andy-tracking and it's just the same
(though suspends now seems to be faster). The FSO issues several
commands to the GSM modem prior to suspending, if they fail, it
doesn't try to enter suspend. The suspend should work, it can be
checked by "echo mem > /sys/power/state" (though it will resume
shortly and consume more energy than needed, because of the GSM). Also
i'm always able to suspend again after restarting gsm0710muxd (by
exiting Zhone, in example) or killing the whole frameworkd along with
gsm0710muxd.

But you are right, it's time to try the new kernel, as FSO works ok
with it (minor modifications necessary, reported on fso trac).

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com