QT Extended

Bastian Muck bastian.muck at gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 02:18:15 CET 2008

Dale Maggee schrieb:

[..]
> 2. The Messaging app - it's doing strange things, like sometimes it
> creates duplicates of messages, so I'll see 2 or 3 copies of the same
> SMS in my inbox. So I'll move all messages to trash and empty trash,
> then a couple of minutes later an SMS will arrive and it'll say '17
> messages recieved' and I'll see many duplicates of old messages I just
> deleted in my inbox. Also it will only store about 130 messages - is
> this storing SMS messages on the SIM? can it be configured to store them
> in it's own database?

The messages are stored in the Sim and in the sqlite-db. When i delete
copies of my sms, these sms are not copied. The message '17' new
messages habe arrived is caused when 17 messages are stored in the sim.
when you delete the messages, next time there are just 1 or 2 messages.
I guess, that on an arrived sms the messages is forgotten to be deleted
from sim. Maybe that just 1 line of code may be the solution of the
problem. But I don't know the code, so I can't give a 100% correct
comment. This are just my expierences.
> [..]
> 4. I'm told that the echo is back (which wasn't there with Trolltech's
> QT extended image, the one which didn't ring)

There is just no echo, because the volume set in QT extended ist quite
low. with this volume I had no problem with any image.
> Does anybody have any ideas on any of these things? apart from this and
> the fact that I can't run any of the cool software being produced for
> 2008.x, I like Qt Extended alot!

You can't run these apps because QT Extended has no support for GTK-Apps.

Greetungs Bastian