[FSO] M4.1 issues (GPS, Suspend)

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sat Dec 13 11:44:05 CET 2008

Hi Olivier,

>  - It looks like the only way to go into suspend is to press the power
> button shortly. That's ok for me, but Illume's config is still stating
> suspend happens just after blanking, which itself occurs after 30s of
> idling. But since I prefer to chose when I suspend, I won't complain
> (it's just a little odd).

Yes, integration with illume -- or X and a window manager in general is not
perfect yet.

> What's worse is that sometimes, after a
> while, it gets unable to go to sleep. I can press the power button ten
> times, it still stays on.

Yes, I have seen this, but not been able to reproduce with meaningful logs. I
would appreciate creating an FSO ticket w/ debug logs.

> I'm completely in love with the cli-framework
> command. I mean, this is exactly the reason why I hopped on the
> OpenMoko wagon.  I can tweak, explore, experiment, and I like that.

Glad to hear that, this is why we did that way.

> problem is, GPS subsystem doesn't seem to work at all (either through
> Zhone, Tango or cli-framework). I launch cli, Request GPS resource
> (which took less than 10 secondes). And then, I can wait forever, I
> can't see a single satellite (through GetSatellites()).

You have run 'mdbus -s -l' in another shell? cli-framework is not able to show
you the async. signals.

--
:M: