FreeRunner Happiness

Ali alishams at interchange.ubc.ca
Sat Dec 13 13:08:33 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 00:36 -0800, Sargun Dhillon wrote:
> Seconded.
> Anyways, onto the bad: I have avoided the GSM buzz bug, #666, etc...
> The only bugs I have experienced are the SDHC card failure (Stupid,
> crappy glamo, we really should bitch out Smedia..., see below for
> contact info), and the GSM echo. I gotta say, well done. Keep it
> coming.
>
> Smedia's addresses:
> 8F., No.1, Jinshan 7th St., Hsinchu City, Taiwan
> Tel: +886-3-6661166
> Fax: +886-3-5670055
>
> Addr :9F,No.233-1, Baociao Rd.,Sindian City, Taipei County 23145.Taiwan.
> Tel: +886-2-2918-9958
> Fax: +886-2-2918-9975
>
> E-mail addresses:
> Marketing at smediatech.com
> Sales at smediatech.com

I really like this idea. I know we can contact Openmoko and sign the NDA
to get the data sheet, but it seems to negate the point of free software
for me (everything being open and developing as a community). Here
http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td1505667i40 Wolfgang
Spraul feels promises were broken in regards to opening documentation-
so our letters of complaint would be valid. If enough pissed off people
write in, would they open up the specs?