Navit actions menu layout ?

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Sun Dec 14 14:11:01 CET 2008

2008/12/14 Lothar Behrens <lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de>:
> Hi,
> today I have installed the current release from navit and it looks much
> better. But I have a question about the layout of the buttons in the actions
> panel.
> How to change the layout from horizontal to vertical ?
> The problem: I do not see all of the buttons :-(
> Thanks
> Lothar

Have you modified navit.xml?  In this version there is an option to
set the gui to a mode called "internal," which is optimized for small
screens.  For the "internal" gui type you can also specify icon size.
I believe the default opkg specifies "internal," but doesn't set the
icon size, though there is a sample line in the config file for the
Neo.

I don't like modifying the default /usr/share/navit/navit.xml, so I like to

# mkdir ~/.navit
# cp /usr/share/navit/navit.xml  ~/.navit/

Edit that file, then search for "internal."  Around line 30 you'll see
a sample setting for <gui /> for the Neo.  Uncomment that, then
comment out the other <gui /> element just below it.

I also found this setting quite nice: a few more lines down there are
number of <osd /> elements (On Screen Display), set zoom_in, zoom_out,
and gui_internal_fullscreen to enabled and disable the rest.  This
will give you transparent zoom in and zoom out buttons in the bottom
corners, and a fullscreen toggle in the upper left corner.  In
fullscreen mode and with this "internal" gui type, Navit is really
looking like a consumer level map/navigation program on the Neo.

Nathan