Changes on org.freesmartphone.frameworkd

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Dec 15 01:45:52 CET 2008

Am Monday 15 December 2008 01:20:20 schrieb Sargun Dhillon:
> What about all the existing FSO consumers? Is there any way in DBUS to
> provide a compatibility layer?

Not really, no. And given our status (still way to go before hitting 1.0), the
API is subject to change.

> Additionally, what if we need to
> operate the modem's power independently of the resource (things like
> if you have a thread that restarts the modem when there is an
> exceptional condition). How will these work?

This will not be supported. If you are using the framework, you are using a
service abstraction and you are not supposed to do things behind the
framework -- and you don't need to. The framework is supposed to detect
exceptional conditions and restart resources transparently.

If you want to have full control over GSM, don't use ogsmd and just talk via
sysfs and /dev/ttySAC0 to the modem.

--
:M: