Navit actions menu layout ?

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Mon Dec 15 07:39:15 CET 2008

Fox Mulder a écrit :
> KaZeR wrote:
>
>> Lothar Behrens a écrit :
>>
>>> It works, but what I mean, is, these are partly out of screen:
>>>
>>>     *=================*
>>>     |                 |
>>>     |                 |
>>>   *====*  *====*  *====*
>>>   |    |  |    |  |    |
>>>   |    |  |    |  |    |
>>>   *====*  *====*  *====*
>>>     |                 |
>>>     |                 |
>>>     |                 |
>>>   *====*  *====*  *====*
>>>   |    |  |    |  |    |
>>>   |    |  |    |  |    |
>>>   *====*  *====*  *====*
>>>     |                 |
>>>     |                 |
>>>     *=================*
>>>
>>> Can these buttons moved by configuration ?
>>>
>> Moved, no, resized, yes. It's really weird, since we have the same
>> device, we should have the same results :)
>>

> I think i know which problem he means because i got the same. The screen
> layout is upwards like in the nice ascii picture and not in landscape
> mode. Then the 3 initial buttons are in three columns and the outer two
> gets out of the screen. It seems that the button arrangement is meant
> for landscape mode. I had to adjust the icon size to see all three. So
> it would be good if the arrangement of these buttons could be changed to
> a matrix of 2/3 cols and 2/3 rows. So i can use 2x3 or 3x2 for buttons
> layout in conjunction with normal or landscape screen orientation.

Well, it's true that the gui is more meant to be used in landscape mode.
I personally use omnewrotate, so i don't have to care about rotating the
screen.
What about using the trick that was posted a few weeks ago for a game,
consisting of writing a wrapper script which rotates the script, then
launch navit?
About the matrix mode, i suggest that you post a feature request on the
tracker : http://trac.navit-project.org
> Except for that little optical flaw the internal gui is really nice.
> Much better than the first navit version i tried months ago. And now
> that i know how to activate the map drag patch i could drag the map
> quite fast. :)

Thank you :)