Navit actions menu layout ?

Christian Anke carcinoma at gmx.net
Mon Dec 15 21:17:42 CET 2008

Am Montag 15 Dezember 2008 20:23:40 schrieb Fox Mulder:
> KaZeR wrote:
> > Fox Mulder a écrit :

> >> I think i know which problem he means because i got the same. The screen
> >> layout is upwards like in the nice ascii picture and not in landscape
> >> mode. Then the 3 initial buttons are in three columns and the outer two
> >> gets out of the screen. It seems that the button arrangement is meant
> >> for landscape mode. I had to adjust the icon size to see all three. So
> >> it would be good if the arrangement of these buttons could be changed to
> >> a matrix of 2/3 cols and 2/3 rows. So i can use 2x3 or 3x2 for buttons
> >> layout in conjunction with normal or landscape screen orientation.
> >
> > Well, it's true that the gui is more meant to be used in landscape mode.
> > I personally use omnewrotate, so i don't have to care about rotating the
> > screen.
> > What about using the trick that was posted a few weeks ago for a game,
> > consisting of writing a wrapper script which rotates the script, then
> > launch navit?
> > About the matrix mode, i suggest that you post a feature request on the
> > tracker : http://trac.navit-project.org
>
> I only have this problem because within debian the xglamo server isn't
> very good and the default framebuffer driver doesn't support screen
> rotation. Therefore at the moment i can only use navit in upscale mode.

Hi,

currently i'am working on an freerunner optimized version of
navit. since the internal gui is available i love navit. and i want to
bring something in. so i have realized, that there is some potential
for speed and useablity optimization.

i have changed the following things:

- improve the calulation / drawaing speed of the internal gui
- add some osd's
	- current speed
	- current street name
	- next street name
	- gpsd (! not file or demo) informations
  (the position, dimensions and font-size is configurable in the xml file)
- improved keyboard buttons of the internal gui
- add callback hooks to the gpsd plugin:
	- current speed
	- satellite stuff

currently i hold the code in an git controlled repo (cloned via git-svn). So,
if anyone can tell me where i easily can host this repo (with the navit svn
repo from in background), please tell me.

the code: dont be angry with me, this is my first c project!!!

 Carci