odd behavior of illume keyboard

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Tue Dec 16 00:45:28 CET 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:56:36 +0100 "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net>
babbled:

> Bernd Prünster wrote:
> > i want to add the beta (ß) character to my layout, but it it only works
> > if i quote it to use the dict
> >
> > code:
> > key 0 28 12  12
> >   normal   ß "ß"
> >   shift    ? question
> > /code
> > if i remove the quotes it doesn't send the character
> > any help/suggestions?
>
> Have you tried using "ssharp" (that should be the x keycode for ß)?:
>
> key 0 28 12  12
>   normal   ß ssharp
>   shift    ? question

then you wont be able to use dictionary lookups as when u send a keysym the
word is finished. sending strings means you are sending parts of a word. just
keep the quotes. i am entirely baffled why you want to remove them - they have
specific functionality and meaning that "makes things work". they were intended
to be there in this use case so keep them :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com