odd behavior of illume keyboard

"Bernd (Jesus McCloud) Prünster" bernd.pruenster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 04:03:35 CET 2008

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) schrieb:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:56:36 +0100 "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net>
> babbled:
>

>> Bernd Prünster wrote:
>>
>>> i want to add the beta (ß) character to my layout, but it it only works
>>> if i quote it to use the dict
>>>
>>> code:
>>> key 0 28 12  12
>>>   normal   ß "ß"
>>>   shift    ? question
>>> /code
>>> if i remove the quotes it doesn't send the character
>>> any help/suggestions?
>>>
>> Have you tried using "ssharp" (that should be the x keycode for ß)?:
>>
>> key 0 28 12  12
>>   normal   ß ssharp
>>   shift    ? question
>>

> then you wont be able to use dictionary lookups as when u send a keysym the
> word is finished. sending strings means you are sending parts of a word. just
> keep the quotes. i am entirely baffled why you want to remove them - they have
> specific functionality and meaning that "makes things work". they were intended
> to be there in this use case so keep them :)

The english dictionary is awesome - period.
Ther germant dicts i tried suck. personally i have no problem writing my
messages is english.
sad but true, not all of my folks would understand my messages if i
wrote the in english, that is why i don't want to use the dict.
another argument is that i don't use correct spelling, and words that
don't really exist, which would change if i found a germna dictionary
that is as awesome as the english one, that ships with illume