No more optimization team

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Tue Dec 16 12:58:29 CET 2008

On 12/16/08 Jeremy McNaughton wrote:
> Openmoko you have this community of users who are still enthusiastic
> about your product.  Do yourself a favour and learn how to keep us
> interested by opening the lines of communication.

[snip]

Jeremy

engineering and development. We try to talk as opening as possible about
engineering work. I can assure you of that. Have you subscribed to the
kernel list? The development list? Most of the talk on this list
(community) is about things outside of those topics.

If there are specific quesetions or problems you have, please just ask
questions. Let's get practical together. Most of us at Openmoko, Inc.
read these lists. Your comments helps us improve. We're constantly
growing and looking to find areas where are very limited internal
resources can produce maximum results.

Comparing us to Ubuntu is great. I love this challenge. Please keep in
mind we're building a company, hardware, a softwarwe distribution, and
trying to sell enough Neos to stay in business. That's a lot of moving
parts. Adjusting your expectations of what we can do in a short amount
of time is helpful. We need your support as much as anyone else's to
keep things moving in the right direction.

Thanks again for your comments.

   -Sean