[Illume/Debian] How to customize Illume?

Yogiz yogizz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 20:19:41 CET 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:28:03 +0100
joakim at verona.se wrote:

> I want to customize Illume like this:
>
> - the AUX button will pull down the top-shelf. The top shelf will show
>   itself over full-screen applications such as Evince.
>
> - The top-shelf will have a screen-lock button, similar in function to
>   the current behaviour of AUX.
>
> How can this be achieved?

I think you should start messing around with the theme.

Install the tools required to decompile and recompile E17 theme code:
opkg install libevas-saver-png edje-utils cpp cpp-symlinks
libembryo-tests

Decompile the theme, and edit the edc file:
cd /usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes
edje_decc illume.edj
cd illume
vi freerunner.edc

Not completely sure that's the right place but seems logical to me.
Correct me if I'm wrong.