[Illume/Debian] How to customize Illume?

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Dec 16 20:27:56 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 09:19:41PM +0200, Yogiz wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:28:03 +0100
> joakim at verona.se wrote:
>
> > I want to customize Illume like this:
> >
> > - the AUX button will pull down the top-shelf. The top shelf will show
> >   itself over full-screen applications such as Evince.
> >
> > - The top-shelf will have a screen-lock button, similar in function to
> >   the current behaviour of AUX.
> >
> > How can this be achieved?
> >

> I think you should start messing around with the theme.
>
> Install the tools required to decompile and recompile E17 theme code:
> opkg install libevas-saver-png edje-utils cpp cpp-symlinks
> libembryo-tests
>
> Decompile the theme, and edit the edc file:
> cd /usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes

Better yet than the above:
  mkdir -p ~/.enlightenment/data/themes
  cd ~/.enlightenment/data/themes
  cp /usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/illume.edj .

Then proceed as written:
> edje_decc illume.edj
> cd illume
> vi freerunner.edc
>
> Not completely sure that's the right place but seems logical to me.
> Correct me if I'm wrong.

The only mistake, IMHO, is to change the default file needlessly when
you can change a "local" copy which will override the system one, even if
the system one is upgraded.

If you want to revert, it'll be also quite easy, just remove your local
version from ~/.enlightenment/data/themes

Rui

--
All Hail Discordia!
Today is Setting Orange, the 58th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?